Miley Cyrus Defends her Transition out of Disney



Teen singer Miley Cyrus has taken to defend her transition from wholesome Disney star to independent artist, on her Latin American tour.

Promoting her second album 'Can't Be Tamed' told reporters in Mexico City, her fanbase was a strong as ever.

'I love the timing that I had because I started my show when I was 11 years-old so by the time I started becoming more of an adult I was already done with my show and ready to go on to being an artist just by myself and kind of being able to say what I want to say but also have had the opportunity to inspire the younger kids as well. So I feel like I've been, really, really fortunate to be able to hit a market that some people aren't lucky enough to hit. I have some of the youngest fans and I have a lot of older fans too, so a wide range of who I can inspire and hopefully encourage to do good things,' Cyrus said.

The 18-year-old has sought to distance herself from her Hannah Montana character, which earned her millions of fans worldwide.

Cyrus has been caught up in a series of scandals, as she attempts to move away from her clean Disney image. In 2010, a home video of the star using a bong went viral. It's the teen's first live tour of Latin America.

'I've had an amazing time and probably the best tour that I've ever had. The fans have been better than ever and you know, it's amazing to walk out to a sold out show of 60,000 people. I never thought that would happen in a place I've never been.'

Cyrus was the youngest female star to feature in Forbes rich list in 2010, with reports of a television and music franchise worth approximately $1 billion
.

No comments:

Post a Comment