Miley: “I’m No Shock Artist!”



While she is promoting an album called “Can’t Be Tamed,” grown-up “Hannah Montana” star Miley Cyrus insisted she is not the aggressive-type who does stupid stuff just to make heads turn.

In a jam-packed press conference at the Mandarin Hotel June 16, Miley wowed reporters with her meaty views, replying to questions quickly yet sensibly.

“I think there are a lot of things being madeup about me. The greatest is that I’m someone who goes for attention. Truth is I don’t believe in shock value.”

Shock artists have risen in recent pop years, led by Lady Gaga who is known for dressing up unconventionally and in the process becoming instant center of attraction each time. Her meat dress was just one of those clear attempts; arriving on red carpet inside a cocoon was another.

While some of Miley’s contemporaries are doing ways to keep themselves fastened under the spotlight all the time, the 18-year old is quite private.
She related, “It’s super important to have time with family and friends. I’m a real person and I deserve privacy.”


Miley, one of the biggest acts in MCA Music stable, performed at the Mall of Asia Concert Grounds yesterday June 17 in what was to be her only stop in Asia. The concert was part of her “Gyspsy Heart Tour” made possible by Futuretainment Inc. and Music Management International.

On the issue of tweeting, she sounded careful about what should come out of her lips, saying,‘” I find the internet scary because everybody gets to have an access on what you say and you always have to stand by what you’re saying. I believe you don’t have to tweet everything. People won’t care about what I’m doing 24/7.”

Some of Miley’s hits include “Party In The USA,” “Who Owns My Heart,” and “Every Rose Has Its Thorn.” For those still uninformed, she is the daughter of one-hit wonder Billy Ray Cyrus known for scoring the upbeat song “Achy Breaky Heart.”

Asked about the stress she gets as a young superstar, she surprisingly replied, “I get more stress from life in general than in doing what I do. The fans are amazing. Playing with Joan Jett was amazing.”

Miley, looking stunningly pretty in her black mini-skirt, was truly accommodating, answering even the most basic of questions like “What is love?” She said, “Friendship should be at the core of love.”

No comments:

Post a Comment