Christopher Owens Loves Miley! (Interview)



With the Twitter essays, you’re sort of doing journalism about yourself. These essays are very personal and have nothing to do with the band, and I’ve never tweeted anything on my account like, You should come to our live show at this place. That’s one of the things about the Twitter essays—they’re live performances in a way. I want them to be genuine, like not perfectly plotted-out wording and all that, and with random mistakes. If I find a celebrity and I like them and follow them, and all they’re doing is promoting themselves and talking about where you can buy t-shirts online, I get really upset. I’m looking for the real person, the humanity of the thing. I love Miley Cyrus because she’ll make mistakes. She’ll tweet something she’s not really supposed to, like a photo of her life. She gives you flaws and all, she’ll spout off like a loose cannon. I’m sure she has her parents and her management telling her daily, “Don’t tweet anything stupid today.” Whereas someone like Emma Watson hardly tweets at all, and when she does it’s like, “I will be signing Harry Potter books at such-and-such a store.” She’s not giving you anything, so you have to unfollow her. It’s unfortunate. Ideally everybody would have a Twitter where they’re really pouring their guts out all over the place.




No comments:

Post a Comment